Monday, 4 August 2014

Make your own photo album


The sense of smell is not just about food.  The scent of freshly cut grass, newly turned earth or the sweet perfume of flowers are all things we can enjoy.  I have made my own floral album (which is like creating your own app!) for those times when there aren't many flowers available or the weather is too bad to go outside. I have a delightful rose garden at home and have photographed my own roses on their bushes or in different types of bouquets.  You can have a go at making one yourself.   When I use the album, I get the person to scroll through the pictures and I can then add scents with pot pourri, floral sprays, perfumes or hand creams such as lavender.

Care still needs to be taken in relation to people's previous experiences.  I tried using lavender spray with Henry, only to discover that he had fallen into a lavender bush as a child and been stung by a number of bees.  He hated the smell of lavender ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment