Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Rhythm and Cognitive Stimulation

Offering rhythmic, repeated activities such as drumming may facilitate improvements in attention.  'You've got Rhythm' (free) teaches rhythm and how to play drums.  There are, choices of congas, bongos and African drums.  When playing the 'LearnNPlay' section the drum will light up when hit at the right times.  There are beginner, intermediate and advanced levels, although I found the beginner section quite hard enough!

The drum 'Game' section is more difficult to manage, so I would advise practising the 'LearnNPlay' before attempting the games.

For an easier app using rhythm, you could try 'Magic Piano' (free).  You can select a song and then tap music 'balls' as they travel down the screen.  To hear the song, you tap the sound icon on the left of the song name.  To play the music by touching the music balls, tap the name of the song and there are choices of easy, medium, hard.  Once again I have found 'easy' to be hard enough.  Start by selecting some easier songs such as 'Amazing Grace' or 'Minuet'.

Next post will be about Virtual Surround games.


 You've Got Rhythm




No comments:

Post a Comment