Sunday, 22 June 2014

App for Piano

"Tiny Piano" (free) is probably one of the most enjoyable and easy to use musical apps.  There are more than 100 free songs to choose from, ranging from 'Amazing Grace' (1779), to 'Do Re Mi' (1959), to One Direction's 'What Makes You Beautiful' (2011).

There is in-built success, because when you start playing the screen keyboard, the tune starts playing irrespective of which part of the screen is touched.   In fact you can play it with your eyes closed!  However the user is in charge of the tempo so can play faster or slower, depending on their preference.

Last year I was with a delightful lady Lily, who was feeling quite flat and a little teary.  She wore hearing aids in both ears, but found extended conversations hard to understand and exhausting.  I suggested music to cheer her up.  She looked at the music list and selected Fur Elise.  (Another benefit - choice!). When she started playing a look of amazement came over her face.  She said,
" I never knew I could play the piano!!"  You couldn't wipe the smile off both our faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment